When I started working with Salesforce back in two thousand and mumble mumble (2004 – yikes!), I knew I liked what I was seeing and after sitting in on a demo, I was immediately hooked. I thought it looked super cool and I wasn’t even that mad at my boss for dumping it on me!
The AE took us through the benefits and why Salesforce was a game changer, but like anything else, how much of what the AE was saying was real and how much was spin? At that time you relied on what your AE and Sales Engineer were saying to get funding for licensing and implementation costs. They were instrumental in giving you that first sip of Kool Aid to get you to buy, but what about after the purchase? It’s now up to you to be able to clearly articulate why Salesforce is a game changer and the benefits for your different user groups. In the old days, I leaned heavily on my AE, Sales Engineer and CSM to give me some of the literature to help me make my case, but now we have something new and BETTER.. TRAILHEAD!
Yes, Trailhead is excellent for learning Salesforce and how to actually use the tool, but how does it help me before purchasing licenses, you ask. Simple.. keep reading!
The Navigate the Salesforce Advantage Trail is great because you can start using it beforehand to learn those important pieces about Salesforce to help you make knowledgeable purchasing decisions or build a killer business case to get funding for licensing costs.
So why should you complete the Navigating the Salesforce Advantage Trail? Here are my top reasons!
5. Getting to Know Salesforce. How many other companies have such detailed information in a fun and interactive learning environment? This module lets you learn about the components of the Customer Success Platform. Even after this first module you can be speaking about Salesforce in a knowledgable manner. You’ll look like a star in no time!
4. Four Core Differentiators. Salesforce isn’t just a software company, it’s a culture. Just attend a Salesforce community event and you learn how quickly how much of a culture it really is. Salesforce combines it’s four core components that propel everything they do; they consist of Customer Success, Innovation, Leadership and Giving Back. Salesforce doesn’t just talk the talk, they also walk the talk on giving back with their 1-1-1 model. Want to learn more? It’s in the Introducing our Four Core Differentiators module!
3. Cloud Benefits. Going through this module helps you learn how to use cloud technology to your benefit and figure out what works best for you and your business needs. The Succeeding with a Complete CRM and Propelling Your Business in the Cloud modules will give a good understanding to help you wow your management!
2. Salesforce Technology Basics. Understanding how Salesforce’s technology works in the cloud and in an multi tenant environment. This module will help with understanding the basics of how it all works together to give you the power of Salesforce across all of your devices. Plus, it’s a good jump start if you decide to become Admin certified!
1. Salesforce Ecosystem. One of the most powerful things about Salesforce isn’t Trailhead (although it’s pretty awesome) or it’s power, it’s the Community behind it. I may be biased, but I have never seen such a powerful and awesome community. Whenever I have a question, need help or just a friendly face at Dreamforce, the Salesforce Community is always there.
I have just given you (dear reader) 5 really important reasons why you want to complete this Trailhead Trail, but I will give you a bonus one.
YOU GET BADGES!